So I spent most of last weekend painting up some of the Swiss stuff I got through last week. They literally seem to have taken forever but I'm putting this down to the fact that I haven't batch painted in months and that I'm a massive perfectionist (which is getting quite annoying.) However after hours at the painting face I present you with the first new lot of pikemen!
These guys will be making up the front and second ranks of the Gewalthut (hence the pikes being lowered.) I'm really pleased with how they turned out in the end. The metal Swiss heads look a little hard to paint up when you first get them out of the box. But once they're undercoated it's quite easy to pick out the detail.
Here's a close up of three. The model on the right is the one I converted from a plastic billman and the other two are metal.
These two are metal again but were given head swaps with the Swiss seperate heads. I'm really pleased with how they came out in the end, especially the one on the right. Anyway, I'd best get started on the next batch I guess!